Lamb Shank Tacos
- Instant Pot
- Large tongs
- Forks for shredding
- 2 lbs Lamb Shanks
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. chopped garlic
- 1 t black pepper
- 1/2 t. salt
- cooking spray (or spray oil) to coat the Instant Pot
- taco add-ons such as cilantro, cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, etc.
- Lay out the lamb shanks to take the "chill" off, and then assemble the rest of the ingredients
- Spray the liner of the Instant Pot with cooking spray or spray oil, and then select the "saute" button to heat the pot
- Add the lamb shanks to brown the outside, turning frequently to prevent them from burning
- Pour in the tomato juice, and then sprinkle the seasonings on the lamb
- Seal the InstantPot, and then press "cancel" to stop the saute. Select the "meat" function, and set the timer to 45 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, allow pressure to release for 10-15 minutes naturally, and then "Quick Release."
- Using large tongs, carefully remove the lamb shanks to a plate
- With the forks, pick as much meat from the shanks as possible, taking the opportunity to remove some of the fat if desired
- Add the picked meat back into the InstantPot, and stir to combine all the flavors
- In a dry pan, heat a tortilla until it gets a little brown and very pliable.
- Remove to a plate, and then assemble your taco as you like
- Enjoy with the sides of your choice. I served mine with black beans, skillet fried bell peppers, and plantains.
S&B Bell Farms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.com